The management of our school has been delegated to our Board of Management which is appointed by the Loreto Education Trust for a three-year term of office. The Board of Management comprises four members nominated by the Trustees themselves, two parents and two members of the teaching staff.
The Board normally meets each month of the school year and issues a report on each of its meetings.
Our current board (2021-2024)
- Tony Joyce (Loreto Education Trust/Chairperson)
- Liz O’Gorman (Loreto Education Trust)
- Kieran Boland (Loreto Education Trust)
- Nicky Cashin (Loreto Education Trust)
- Catherine Peters (parent)
- Michael Shields (parent)
- Alison McCarthy (teacher)
- Chloe Bhreathnach (teacher)
The Principal, Colm Keher, is the secretary of the board and attends all meetings without voting rights.
A report of each meeting is published to the school community of parents, students and staff through the Compass system (administration portal). Reports of previous meetings can also be seen below.
The voice of our students is represented through our Student Council. Its officers meet with the Parents’ Association and the Board of Management from time to time.
The Board of Management appoints an in-school leadership and management team which is responsible for:
- managing the school on a day-to-day basis
- implementing school policy to ensure high quality teaching, learning and student care
- providing visionary leadership to shape the future of Loreto, ensuring that our school continues to meet the needs of our students, parents and wider community.
- maintaining and upholding the Loreto ethos and the educational philosophy of Mary Ward.
This team comprises:
|Deputy Principal||Marie Therese Gallagher|
|Deputy Principal||Eamon Jackman|
|Deputy Principal||Marian Moran (Elaine O’Dwyer – acting)|
|Assistant Principals (Grade I)||Chloe Bhreathnach, Paula Farrell, Niamh Fitzpatrick, Padraig Fitzpatrick, Marguerite Kehoe, Ciara McDonald, Fiona McGrath, Elaine O’Dwyer (Niamh Maye – acting), Kay Phelan, Moira Prendergast|
|Assistant Principals (Grade II)||Megan Callanan, Jenny Dalton, Kathleen Hearne, Lorraine Maher (Lorraine O’Dwyer – acting), Bethann McDonnell, Paul McGinley, Niamh Maye (Anne Murtagh – acting), Karan Murphy, Fiona Ni Mhaonaigh, Niamh O’Sullivan|