Overall upkeep and maintenance of school buildings and facilities are excellent.Whole-school Evaluation, Department of Education & Skills, 2014
At Loreto, we believe that our students and staff should have the best possible facilities to support learning and teaching. Since moving to our current location on the Granges Road in 1980, we have continued to expand and improve in that regard. We have an impressive range of teaching spaces and specialist rooms facilitating the needs of our curriculum, while student recreational and lunch spaces are also impressive.
Since the ‘new’ school building opened in 1980, the Loreto community has been constantly exploring and delivering ways to improve its facilities. Of these our most significant developments have been:
- Extension with six classrooms and one science laboratory (1995)
- Sports Hall (2004)
- Astro-turf Hockey Pitch (2005)
- Mary Ward Building (2013) - main school extension with fifteen teaching spaces and new administration area.
- Refurbishment of existing school (2013).
- Staff room refurbishment (2016)
- Special Needs Unit (Ionad Saoirse, 2017)
- General purpose/assembly hall (Hughes Hall, 2017)
- Library renovation (2017)
- Canteen facilities upgrade (2017)
- Hockey Pitch renovation (2018)
- Sustainable Energy Works: solar panels, insulation, window replacement (2020)
At Loreto, we are proud of our sporting tradition and our excellent sports facilities.
- Olympic standard Basketball Court
- Indoor Soccer
- Fitness gymnasium
- Astro Turf Hockey/Soccer pitch (Floodlit)
- Shower/dressing facilities
- Camogie pitch
Most of these facilities are available to hire to the general public and to sports clubs, subject to certain terms and conditions. Special offers available for:
- Full size soccer pitch or 4 seven-a-side pitches
- Early evening slots (5:30 to 6:30) for all of the above facilities
- Weekend slots
- Children’s parties
A small number of other time slots are also available
Contact: Eamon Cleere at 086 4106232
First Year Subjects
Art, Business Studies, Civic Social Political Education (C.S.P.E.), English, French, Geography, German, History, Home Economics, Irish, Maths, Music, Religious Education & Science.