How to apply for a school place in Loreto
Updated October 17th 2021
We have organised tours of our school on Saturday 16th October, 2021. Tours have been carefully organised in small groups of sixth class pupils from your own primary school. This is a valuable opportunity to view and get a feel for the school in person.
HOW TO ATTEND A SCHOOL TOUR
a. I have received an invitation for the school tour : Please RSVP to this invitation before Thursday 14th October by clicking here or by scanning the QR code on the back of your invitation. You can arrive at the school according to the time indicated on your invitation.
b. I have not received an invitation for the school tour : Please click here to register your interest in attending a school tour. Once submitted we will be in contact via email to allocate you a time to attend on the 16th October.
Important Note Regarding Covid-19 : All parents and students attending the school tour should wear a face mask and follow all public health advice in relation to Covid-19 when visiting the school.
Due to the on-going Covid restrictions, our open night will be an online event and will take place on Tuesday, 19th of October 2021 at 7.30pm. Please click the link below to access the Zoom webinar.
The presentation will include a live Q&A section. You might like to submit your questions in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Admission Policy:
- Outlines how decisions are made in relation to applications for a place in our school.
- Was formulated and ratified by our Board of Management, following consultation with our Parents’ Association and our teaching staff.
- It has been approved by our Trustees, the Loreto Education Trust.
- Is subject to change (without prior notice) and is reviewed on an annual basis by our Board of Management.
Key dates for enrolment in our 1st Year class 2022/2023 (please see ‘Admissions Notice’ for further information) :
|The school will commence accepting applications for admission on |
(Note that applications received before this date will be deemed invalid)
|11 October 2021|
|The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on (closing date)||4 November 2021|
|The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is (offers will be posted on this date)||10 November 2021|
|The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission is||18 November 2021|
If you wish to apply for a place for your daughter in any other year (i.e. if she wishes to transfer from another second-level school), please:
- Download a copy of our application form for students transferring from another second-level school (on this page) or contact the school office.
- Read our current Admissions Policy (note section 15 is particularly relevant to transfers).
- Submit your completed application form to the school office.
Links to the following documents can be found on this page.
- Admissions Notice
- Current Admissions Policy
- Application Form – 1st Year 2022
- Application Form – to transfer from another second-level school – this form is to be used if you wish to apply for a place for your daughter who is already enrolled in another second-level school.
- Note that our assessment test will take place on Saturday, 12th March, 2022.
You might like to have your name included on our mailing list. This means that we will post an application form to you when your daughter is in 6th class (in September/October). To be included on our mailing list, please follow this link. Note that the mailing list form will close shortly.