How to apply for a school place in Loreto
Due to the on-going Covid restrictions, our 2020 Open Night will be an online event. It will take place on the 22nd of October (Thursday) at 7pm and details on how to gain access will be on the 'Open Night' page in the 'Enrolment' menu.
Our Admission Policy:
- Outlines how decisions are made in relation to applications for a place in our school.
- Was formulated and ratified by our Board of Management, following consultation with our Parents’ Association and our teaching staff. It has been approved by our Trustees, the Loreto Education Trust.
- Is subject to change (without prior notice) and is reviewed on an annual basis by our Board of Management.
- Please note that the policy has undergone a significant review and the revised policy can be accessed by clicking the link on the right of this page.
Key dates for enrolment in our 1st Year class 2021/2020 :
- The Admissions Notice (click the link on the right of this page) outlines the key dates and other key information in relation to the enrolment of the First Year group for 2021.
- The closing date for applications is the 5th of November 2020.
- We will commence accepting applications from the 12th of October. Any enrolment forms received before this date will be deemed invalid.
If you wish to apply for a place for your daughter in any other year (i.e. if she wishes to transfer from another second-level school), please:
- Download a copy of our application form for students transferring from another second-level school (on this page) or contact the school office.
- Read our current Admissions Policy (note section 15 is particularly relevant to transfers).
- Submit your completed application form to the school office.
Links to the following documents can be found on this page.
- Current Admissions Policy (this version will govern first-year - and all other - enrolments for 2021/2020)
- Application Form - 1st Year 2021 - now available, however note that we are not receiving applications before the 12th of October.
- Application Form - to transfer from another second-level school - this form is to be used if you wish to apply for a place for your daughter who is already enrolled in another second-level school.
You might like to have your name included on our mailing list. This means that we will post an application form to you when your daughter is in 6th class (in October). To be included on our mailing list, please follow this link. Note that the mailing list form will close shortly.