How to apply for a school place in Loreto
Updated September 15th 2021
Due to the on-going Covid restrictions, our open night will be an online event and will take place on Tuesday, 19th of October 2021 at 7.30pm. Details of how to access this event will be posted here.
Our Admission Policy:
- Outlines how decisions are made in relation to applications for a place in our school.
- Was formulated and ratified by our Board of Management, following consultation with our Parents’ Association and our teaching staff.
- It has been approved by our Trustees, the Loreto Education Trust.
- Is subject to change (without prior notice) and is reviewed on an annual basis by our Board of Management.
Key dates for enrolment in our 1st Year class 2022/2023 (please see ‘Admissions Notice’ for further information) :
|The school will commence accepting applications for admission on |
(Note that applications received before this date will be deemed invalid)
|11 October 2021|
|The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on (closing date)||4 November 2021|
|The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is (offers will be posted on this date)||10 November 2021|
|The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission is||18 November 2021|
If you wish to apply for a place for your daughter in any other year (i.e. if she wishes to transfer from another second-level school), please:
- Download a copy of our application form for students transferring from another second-level school (on this page) or contact the school office.
- Read our current Admissions Policy (note section 15 is particularly relevant to transfers).
- Submit your completed application form to the school office.
Links to the following documents can be found on this page.
- Admissions Notice
- Current Admissions Policy
- Application Form – 1st Year 2022
- Application Form – to transfer from another second-level school – this form is to be used if you wish to apply for a place for your daughter who is already enrolled in another second-level school.
You might like to have your name included on our mailing list. This means that we will post an application form to you when your daughter is in 6th class (in September/October). To be included on our mailing list, please follow this link. Note that the mailing list form will close shortly.