How to apply for a school place in Loreto
Our Admissions Policy:
- Outlines how decisions are made in relation to applications for a place in our school.
- Was formulated and ratified by our Board of Management, following consultation with our Parents’ Association and our teaching staff. It has been approved by our Trustees, the Loreto Education Trust.
- Is subject to change (without prior notice) and is reviewed on an annual basis by our Board of Management.
Key dates for enrolment in our 1st Year class 2020/2021 :
- Application form published – now available, see link to the right of this page. Please note that we receipt all applications. If you post your application, we will post out a receipt by return mail. If you do not receive same within a couple of days, please contact the school.
- Tickets for the open night posted to families registered on our mailing list - 9th/10th September. If you are not registered on our mailing list, please contact the school for tickets.
- Loreto open night – Monday 23rd September, 2019 at 6.30pm
- Closing date for receipt of applications – Tuesday 8th October, 2019
- Offers posted – Wednesday 9th October, 2019
- Closing date for the acceptance of offered places – Friday 18th October, 2019
If you wish to apply for a place for your daughter in any other year (i.e. if she wishes to transfer from another second-level school), please;
- Download a copy of our application form for students transferring from another second-level school (on this page) or contact the school office to have a copy posted to you.
- Read our current Admissions Policy.
- Submit your completed application form to the school office. Please include a copy of your daughter’s most recent school report with her application and a cover-letter explaining why it is in your daughter’s interests to transfer.
Links to the following documents can be found on this page.
- Current Admissions Policy
- Application Form - 1st Year 2020 (available from September 2019)
- Application Form - to transfer from another second-level school - this form is to be used if you wish to apply for a place for your daughter who is already enrolled in another second-level school.
You might like to have your name included on our mailing list. This means that we will post an application form to you when your daughter is in 6th class. To be included on our mailing list, please follow this link. Note that the mailing list form is now closed for 2020 enrolments (see above).